Sunday, December 14, 2008

2 Seconds

I can't remember what exactly happened but I knew I was looking for something.

I was in that world, a world of shades, of blacks, whites, and grays. I was moving here and there trying to look for that special something. Whatever it was, it must have been really important cause I was exhausting all means to track it down.

I was in all places feeling hopeless with my case - I started out with my room, through all the toys and figurines, compact discs, shelves and shelves of books and displays and all that... Then out of my door to the outside world, to different cities, and parks, running up and down staircases, utilizing all public transportation. It consequently ate my money, time and energy, and eventually my existence to some extent.

I was really into it. It felt as if I've traveled the world already in pursuit of this thing but I can't seem to find it absolutely anywhere. That's when I thought I'm not looking for this thing; I'm actually chasing it. But to where? and how? I don't really know the means myself, I'm just tracing it without any hint of success.

And then came a point that I was about to find it but there was this big great white shark in front of me that hit me square in the stomach with its powerful jaws. Those jaws did not give any pain but it gave me a ride for my life - Its bite was a very different sensation, as if the world turned into liquid and was being poured to some sort of vessel. And it seems I too was part of the process.

Everything was vortex space where all matter was traveling into one direction, the direction where the shark was dragging me, the place behind my back, and I don't know what it was. I knew I was traveling in speeds of thousands of lightyears... And then, kablam! Flat ground but no pain or anything, just consciousness.

2 seconds.

Although my eyes were closed I knew I was in a very familiar place. I can hear my stereo playing a CD of mine in low volume. I felt the moderate lighting of the surroundings. I'm on my bed, lying still, fully awake, frustrated cause I wasn't able to find the "thing." It even feels as if the jaws of life dissipated into thin air, but the divine wings of tragedy has already anticipated my arrival... Giving me a bitter taste of reality.

I still can't remember what the thing was. If I'm to find it, perhaps it would be somewhere beyond the realms of death.

-----
All allusions refer to my Multiply blogs. Digg 'em up.

No comments: