Monday, April 26, 2010

Resistance

Well after missing her this weekend I've thought of something cool about what occurred last Friday. You see, Friday was a special day because it was the time I saw her since what? - the last day of her last semester for Freshman year. Not so much of time if you ask me, but it's the presence that I've been missing out.

So I was somewhere in Ateneo, falling in line to get some lunch. Uhh, I got mine. Kris was on the other food booth still making his order. I was even telling him things like, "Ah man, it's the bell already. She'll be skipping lunch for sure because she needs to go to class." And then right at the corner of my eye a very familiar silhouette seemed to look at me for several seconds. And when I looked back at it, there's her, alone, standing.

And here's the epic part. You know that smile you display in front of some person for reasons you just can't explain? That smile you can only show to him or her or whatever - Yes, that one. And you just can't hold it back. And the more you resist it, the more sincere it turns out. Teeth seems to be a good measure of sincerity if that's the case. But that smile, that's perfectly dropping her line of defense.

Of course this is just a theory.

No comments: