Thursday, April 14, 2011

Psychadelic Awesomeness

It's been 9 days since I last smoked a cigarette stick. I smoked one awhile ago and I found it amusing that my body isn't actually "needing" the vice. Usually, within 48 hours, my psychological state would declare the scarcity of nicotine in my body. Thus, by the time my kingdom enters the withdrawal era, my fortified castle falls to the hands of the plague - meaning, I really have to smoke a goddamned cigarette to get my ass back to working.

But it's been 9 days man, and past that withdrawal stage, there has got to be nothing more liberating than being purged from a killer vice. I realized that I am not dependent anymore and that I am not looking for it when-I-feel-the-need-to just like before.

Though bloodshot eyes and chapped lips have been the prices I've paid, there has been no regrets so far. My lips are now swelling because they've been used to regenerating everyday after being burned by cigarette filters every 15 or so hours a day. I'm guessing that it's still adjusting to a cleaner living. Unfortunately, my blown up lips have been conspiring with my knuckles such that I seemingly made it out of a brawl which mum's been suspecting of when I arrived home. The knuckle swelling's caused by training by the way.

To tell the truth, I've been in a brawl with my inner self. And hello world. I made it to virtual reality.

No comments: