Friday, January 16, 2009

Thanks

I wasn't asking for anything, Lord.

Yesterday, when I woke up, I prayed. I simply said a thanksgiving prayer - I mean, a thank you, just for everything - everything, absolutely anything that's good or bad. It was really surprising 'cause as far as I'm concerned I haven't been into this habit for quite a while now... And yesterday morning I unconsciously made the sign of the cross and "conversed" with God.

The habit continued until today. I was like praying before and after meals, before or after every subject in school, or anything where you can insert a prayer to... Just to say thanks.

I'm not some whiny little idiot who asks for everything. I'm not great for such things - I'm not someone who deserves everything he likes. For me, a simple thanksgiving MUST suffice. It's everything for me as a mortal who's given the chance to dwell within the presence of the Almighty.

A little "thanks"

But then, He gave something I wasn't expecting and more importantly something I wasn't looking forward to. It was something where my faith and hope have abandoned.

Haha, God can rekindle any fire.

And hey God, you're one cool dude. So yeah, thanks.

Alright. Fine. I'll play your little game called "love."

No comments: